Friday, August 24, 2012

Poor Execution

I am a bit frustrated with my day today.  I had every intention of being super productive.  I went to my school campus to look into getting SPSS on my computer, and with the intention of making my first tuition payment, and possibly setting up a payment plan.  Halfway to the train I realized I'd forgotten my checkbook.  I did visit the library and then the IT Help Desk (probably good to introduce myself there since I'll probably be spending a fair amount of time in that particular office...)  When I said I had just switched over to all Macs, he said "you should get a PC.  Thanks...  I did get a new password and started to get the program, but didn't particularly feel like staying for the whole download, so I went home...and couldn't figure out what to do after downloading the zip file.  So, Fail and Partial Fail on those two things.

I was going to do my reading for my Monday class, but couldn't get past the preface of the book without falling asleep.  Fail on that.

I tried to figure out how to take my screen door off because for the next 3-6 weeks there will be work done on the outside of my building.  They are just finishing up the building next to us, so all in all it will be at least 2 months of loud masonry work and dust everywhere, meaning that we have not been able to use the balcony or patio (and to go off on a little tangent, I'm annoyed that I let my parents talk me into buying outdoor furniture for the patio that I will likely never use since it's off their level of the condo...) The screen door is still up.

The media storage shelves that my mom *suggested* repeatedly that I buy (I was totally fine with leaving the receiver/DTV box/DVD player in a stack on something behind the baby gate because who knows what I will need furniture-wise when the lease here ends and I am feeling Extremely Broke right now) arrived today, and we tried to put it together, and failed miserably.  Those damn cam bolts just would not work.  How did JP put together all our furniture without any issues?

I went to pick up the bookshelves I ordered for Max's room, but left them in the box in the car (probably a wise decision...)

Stopped by Home Depot to look at paint colors for Max's room.  Think I got the color I want, got the supplies, but I still have to go buy the paint itself.  Oh and paint the room...another thing that JP did (and wouldn't let me near because he didn't trust me not to mess it up...)

I started the day with such good intentions.  I was going to be so productive!  I was going to accomplish things!  It was going to be a day that would have made JP proud of me!  Instead I feel completely incompetent.  And angry.  And sad.  And lonely.

(But feeling a little better after peeking in on a peacefully sleeping little Max.  The computer program will get worked out.  The reading will get done.  My dad arrives on Monday and the furniture and painting will get done.  Deep breaths.  One step at a time....)




1 comment:

  1. Wonderful article writing. There is apparently a lot to realize about this. I suppose you made certain nice points in features also.Thanks for making such a great and insightful article. Keep doing this and you'll increase your readers a lot in the future.

    Widowed Buying Home

    ReplyDelete