Friday, September 14, 2012

Taking a Deep Breath

I am trying not to get too stressed out about the next seven days.

My parents leave tomorrow, and my MIL will be staying with me.  While I know it will be fun to have her here, and I'm excited for her to see how fun Max is, I am feeling very unprepared.  With my parents, the deal is that my mom takes care of Max while I do my school work (or take Maddy to therapy, or do Crossfit, or even sometimes attend social events).  Doesn't matter if he's sick or just cranky - I hand him over and don't have to worry.  But my MIL is not going to be able to just take him and leave me to my scholarly pursuits.  For the first time since school started, I am going to be responsible for all his meals/snacks, naps, activities, baths, etc.  Plus my school work, which includes a big Stats case study (and I am terrified).  Plus two dogs that need to go out (separately) at least 3 times a day each, and Maddy's therapy, and all the rigamarole that goes into getting her ready to go outside.  And I'm trying to schedule a time for someone to measure to fix something on one of the sliding glass doors, and someone to come install my big TV.  And Maddy needs to go to her regular vet...

And I was hoping to get all my studying done before tomorrow.  And that didn't happen.

And on top of that, tomorrow is the 5th anniversary of when JP proposed.  AND the 7-month mark.  That will be brutal.  And the 20th would have been our 4th wedding anniversary.  Even more brutal.

I think my MIL knows that things are pretty crazy here with school and Maddy and whatnot, but I really hope she's not expecting to get here and me have lots of activities planned.  I know I won't be able to say "here's the stroller, the park is that way, I'm doing some stats homework, have fun."  But she does know that she's coming here to help me, and hey, she will get lots of time with Max!

Deep breaths...it will all work out just fine.

No comments:

Post a Comment