Tuesday, February 12, 2013

...Birthday to me

On Friday I had my first birthday as a widow.  And thanks to the support of my amazing friends, I managed to get through it without any major meltdowns.  Happy?  I don't know.  Not while I was sober...but I had a fun group out with me that night, and I definitely managed to compartmentalize and enjoy the evening.  There are parts I don't remember, and that might not be such a bad thing.

So, one more milestone checked off the list.  Survived.

Next up is the one-two punch of Valentine's Day and the one-year mark.  My friend Erica, one of my superstar friends, is coming to be with me, arriving Thursday night.  I have made a promise to myself and to JP that she and I will have fun together despite how awful Friday will be.  He loved her, and I know he would want me to have fun with her while she's here being the amazing support system she has been through this and so much else.

And JP's mom is here for the week.  She and Max are having an absolute blast.  She is so impressed by how verbal he is, and how amazing in general.  He wakes up from naps looking for Grammy, and has just completely taken to her.  It warms my heart to see them together.

They're going to have a long day tomorrow, with me being out of the house for school from 1pm until 9:30pm, but I'm sure they'll do fine.  I was pretty stressed about this week, with all the work I have to do, and the weather making it so that there are no options for outdoor activities, but I'm realizing that what needs to get done will get done, and I just have to let go a little.  It will all be fine.


No comments:

Post a Comment