Saturday, February 2, 2013

Abundance

I have a set of Angel cards from years and years ago - high school, probably.  For anyone unfamiliar with Angel cards, they are just these little cards with inspirational words on them.  I'm not sure if they're supposed to work more as fortunes or suggestions for qualities you should try to embody, but either way, I just like them.  Lately I've been finding myself pulling cards on a pretty regular basis.  A few months ago, when I was really starting to get into making progress at CrossFit, I pulled the Strength card.  And more recently, when I was a bit lost and confused and not in a great place, I pulled the Clarity card (and took a picture, which ironically came out super blurry!)  After pulling the Clarity card, I got some things sorted out and ended up feeling like I was in a much better place.

Tonight I pulled Abundance.  My first thought was WTF.  I mean, it's February.  February = loss to me.  February means feeling utterly bereft and robbed and alone.  Abundance?  Maybe it was referring to the massive quantity of calories I consumed while having a girls' day today.

But then I took a moment to think about it.  What do I have in abundance?  Friends, love, support.  And lots of activities on my calendar.  I've managed to stay incredibly busy for the first two days of February, and I don't plan on slowing down until the end.  I am booking myself solid this month, and hoping that by staying busy and distracted, I will get past the 15th and out of the month without completely falling apart.

What else do I have in abundance?  Strength, for sure.  And faith that things will get better.

No comments:

Post a Comment