Thursday, January 31, 2013

The F Word

I'm talking about February.  Worst month of the year.  As far as I'm concerned, February will never be anything but frakking awful.

On Super Bowl Sunday, I will remember that the last Super Bowl JP and I watched together, and the only one Max ever saw with his daddy, resulted in a Patriots loss.

February 8th is my birthday.  Last year marked the first and last time we went out to dinner, just the two of us, after Max was born.  My wonderful friend Blythe, who continues to be such an amazing, selfless, and helpful support system for me, insisted that we let her stay with Max while we went out.  Appropriately, we went to our favorite Greek restaurant.  I'm grateful for that nice memory.  But February 8th is always going to be painful.

Valentine's Day.  Our last night together.  Which was nice, as I've said before.  But man, I already pretty much hated that holiday and now...ugh.

And of course that is followed by the 15th.  For which I have no words.  That f-ing horrible juxtaposition of a "romantic" holiday followed by the anniversary of JP's death is just...not fair.

Oh and not to mention the fact that February is just the most dismal month of the year.  Bad weather, and just yuck.

Good thing it's also the shortest month of the year.

So what's my plan for getting through F-ing February?  Sharking, of course.  I'm keeping busy, starting with Day 1.  Trying to just fill my calendar so I don't obsess over the 15th, or the other no-fun time markers in between.  Ugh.

1 comment:

  1. Totally Fucking agree! Feb. 21st would have been 12 years together for Mr. Church and me...Sharking it is! Chicago is looking more and more promising as the months go by...all the things you shared with me about Chicago are all the reason I want to be there plus some! I'm going to come visit sometime late in 2013...we should def. meet up!

    Keep writing sista, I love your style!

    ReplyDelete