Saturday, November 3, 2012

Halloween Queen

Anyone who knows me (shoot, anyone who has met me in passing, really) knows that I love Halloween.  I get weirdly obsessed with it, come mid-October.  I am way more into Halloween than all other holidays combined.  Candy and Costumes - what could be better?

JP also loved Halloween.  I mean, he pretended that he only got into it for me, but he always put a lot of (last-minute) effort into his costumes.  And I know for a fact that one year he and some of his friends were Crash Test Dummies, and drove his jeep around DC with the top down.  Hilarious.  Anyway, here is a little trip down memory lane of our Halloweens together (sorry if I've already posted some of these!)

Halloween 2003 (NYC) - must have been late in the night...I was a wood nymph and JP was a proctologist.


2004 (NYC) - we put our vampire garb on, went out to watch the Patriots game (we were the only people in costume in the bar, and then watched the parade.
2005 (?) - San Francisco.  So much fun!

2008 (yeah, I'm missing a couple years - oops!) - we had just gotten married, and this was my version of him as a battered husband - we went to the parade and a bar after.

2008 again - this time JP did his battered husband makeup, and I was Sarah Palin.


2009 - at our friend Lizzie's house.  Zombie bride and Stewie.


Maddy at Southport Halloween (2010)


2011 - talk about freaks!  Here I am as Alex from A Clockwork Orange and JP as the Joker
More 2010 - I wore a Hamburglar outfit to the Mayor's Halloween Ball.

 2011 - Hamburglar and Hamburger 


 2011 - JP was sick, but he took pics before chef, hamburger, and lobster braved the crowded streets.


2012 - elephant and clown



Yes, I'm ridiculous and went to Crossfit in my clown suit.



Anyway, even though Halloween is over, I have one more costume party.  And I'm glad that I was able to get into the spirit this year.  It was touch-and-go for a while.  I lost my inspiration and motivation, but it came back big time, and ended up being infectious.

I will always treasure the memories of the Halloweens we shared.  And I will always miss JP at this time of year.  But I have to say - it was good to enjoy the holiday.  It gave me hope for getting through the next round of holidays without too much trauma...

1 comment:

  1. Your photos are touching and Im glad you were able to enjoy a Holiday you both loved. Your son is an adorable elephant!

    ReplyDelete