Wednesday, April 24, 2013

Sunshine and Rainbows

Life is not all sunshine and rainbows.  I know that as well as anyone.  You might think it's all sunshine and rainbows one minute, and the next get struck by lightning, have your entire life rocked to the core by a thunderclap of epic proportions, which, BTW, was NOT in the forecast.  

And it would be delusional to think that the storms will every truly go away.  They will pass, but they will come again.  

Now, when there is sunshine, either in the weather outside or inside of me, I take the time to acknowledge it, and be thankful for it.  

Yesterday and today were pretty sunshiny and rainbow-esque, despite the pouring rain yesterday (and the smell of worms drowning on the sidewalk last night - least favorite part of spring!).

I had the nicest lunch date with Max yesterday.  We both did some coloring (mine was a little better than his, but I'll cut him some slack since he is not even 2 yet), he did some dancing, and he even stayed in the high chair for the whole meal.  

Then I worked out, and despite the first part of the WOD being snatches, plus a horrible rowing piece and then clapping pushups and v-ups (yuck and ugh!), I had a good workout.  

And then.  And THEN my amazing friend Anthony brought over frakking AMAZEBALLS pumpkin cheesecake.  Dude can bake.  Best cheesecake I have ever tasted.  I feel like I need a moment alone just thinking about that cheesecake.  Plus a sweet internship-eve card.  If you don't have a friend like this, I suggest you go out and find one.  Like right now.  Pretty sure everyone who knows him counts him in their "favorite people" list.  Because he's seriously the nicest person ever, so thoughtful and says the right things.  Like he never says the wrong things, which people so often do.  And when I told my mom he bakes (she's met him and loves him), she said something along the lines of, "that Anthony seems like quite a catch," to which Max responded "Anthony a catch!  Anthony a catch...fish!"  Hilarious.  And ladies, he is available.  I'm not sure how (not only is he smart, funny, thoughtful, and a phenom in the kitchen, but he is also a big sexy beast - a true modern day Renaissance man), but he is.  

Aaand before he stops bringing me baked goods and wants to smack me for embarrassing him, I will move on.  But Anthony, if you ever need someone to pen a personal ad for you for Craigslist, I'd be more than happy to do the honors ;)

Moving on, then.

Today was the first day of my internship.  I'm working with a consulting company on training and HR initiatives.  Really excited about the team I'm working for, and all the projects I'll be able to be involved in.  One is a big, brand new training initiative that will take place over 3 days in Vegas.  And guess what?  They're bringing me.  Even though I will be working my butt off, I am super psyched.  Vegas is, of course, one of my happy places.  

I'm working part-time until after my classes officially end on May 1, then going full-time.  It's going to be a busy summer, but will be totally worth it, I can already tell.

Went straight from my internship to a meeting, then class.  And when I got home, Max was out on the patio and did this little happy dance when he saw me.  Highlight of the day!  He was so cute, and was adorable all through dinner.

I even got a workout in today - and PR'd on my front squat and ran a decently fast mile.  I felt like I had to go to Crossfit after doing some serious paleo cheating...it might be time for another strict 30 days soon.

So right now, even though I know this summer will be tough, and even though tomorrow will be exhausting (going in early to register for the summer semester before work, then rushing home to take Maddy to therapy, PT for my hip, then 2 Crossfit classes in the evening...), I'm feeling the warmth of the sun and admiring all the colors of the rainbow.

Life is not always good.  But when it is, soak it up.




2 comments:

  1. so happy you found a day of sunshine... keep shining!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Where are you? I miss widow mouth...Hope all is well :)

    ReplyDelete